Learning Objectives & Expectations
Course Learning Objectives
- Understand the role and value content marketing has in your larger marketing ecosystem.
- Evaluate the different types of goals content marketing can help with.
- Apply your industry and business analytics to identify the content goal that makes the most sense for your business.
- Perform a content audit to find gaps in your current marketing strategy and create a process for managing potential content topics.
- Compare the different types of content that make up a strategy and determine which ones make the most sense for your company by creating a distribution plan and editorial calendar.
- Identify benchmarks and metrics to evaluate current and future content marketing initiatives.
Who is this course for?
- Marketers and business leaders who are new to content marketing and want to better understand the basics so they can apply them to their marketing strategy
- Marketers who understand content marketing but need a road map to apply the more tactical elements, such as goal-setting, processes, and metrics
- Marketers and business leaders who want to learn the Intero Digital way of content marketing to grow thought leadership, awareness, and lead generation
What can you expect?
This course provides a deep dive into developing a content marketing strategy. From setting goals to measuring results, the information, exercises, and templates in this course will help marketers at all stages build, plan, and execute a content marketing strategy they can use and scale.
The sections include a mix of videos, templates, examples, worksheets, and written explanations — and conclude with an activity so participants can immediately put what they’ve learned into practice.
The downloadable workbook will guide you through the process and help you complete a draft of your content strategy by the end of the course.
1. Introduction to Content Marketing
2. Understanding Your Content Strategy Goals
3. Internal and External Research
4. Content Marketing Assessment and Knowledge Bank
5. Team Roles and Responsibilities
6. Types of Content and Creating a Distribution Plan
7. Creating an Editorial Calendar
8. Identifying Benchmarks and KPIs for Measuring Success
9. Setting Expectations for Scale